2014/07/31

Growing Up



So, I'm watching Sex and the City all day long now and I arrived at the middle of season three. Yay.
It is so great and it really makes me look forward to ageing. I'm usually pretty scared of ageing and I don't know if I ever want to get old but the SATC girls are so positive about being in their thirties so I guess there's also a lot of advantages to that. But for now I'm still pretty scared to turn 20 this November alksjdaksd. (I feel so old and useless bc I haven't achieved anything yet in life. Ugh!)


What I especially love about SATC is that it is some actual kind of guide to life for a woman.
They tell you that you don't have to be ashamed to be successful as a woman in a man's world. That's the sort of feminism I love and want to see. Not only in this TV show, I'd love to see it everywhere, in everyday life.
These girls show you that women can be strong and independent, and if they're not from time to time, they point out that it's wrong.

I can rely to SATC on so many levels, even if I'm still some stupid teenager.
It is still scaring me to grow up and be responsible because society literally pressures young people to be successful or else they are a failure. But there's still so much to look forward to, life hasn't even really started yet.

I know what anxiety feels like but if you watch this show you learn that growing up isn't so bad at all.
Just be proud of who you are and what you're doing and be strong!

Life will probably not work out the way you want it to but that doesn't mean it's not going to be awesome. There are always opportunities waiting around the corner.

And to all those stupid adults who want to know what young adults want to become or be when they're older piss off. It's annoying as hell. Why make plans when they don't work out in the end anyway?
I don't know what I'm going to be after I went to university, the only thing I want to do is have fun and be happy with some great friends. And the rest will just happen.

I'm really grateful for my three best friends and I want to spend as much time as possible with them and do some fucking awesome shit, just like the girls from SATC.


xx
Conney

No comments:

Post a Comment