Cheek to Cheek



I love Lady Gaga since The Fame Monster and I was sad to hear that people did not like Artpop or thought it was bad. I love Artpop, although I still think The Fame Monster was Gaga's best album. I could talk about why I think people think she is crazy and why they don't appreciate her music anymore (which are only guesses of course. I don't understand those people, I love Gaga haha) but I don't want to do that.

Her latest album, the collaboration with Tony Bennett, Cheek to Cheek was released this week and let me tell you one thing: It's GREAT!

Jazz is usually not the genre I listen to a lot, not because I don't like it, rather because I don't know much about it. I don't know the big Jazz artists and singers, so I never knew where to start with Jazz.
Now there is Cheek to Cheek, an album full of great and famous songs. I read that the intention was to introduce Jazz to a younger audience and they definitely achieved this. And I really hope that more young people will give this a try, because Jazz is amazing.

Gaga has the perfect husky voice and it fits perfectly with Tony Bennett's, whose voice is also kind of deep and a little husky.
They did such an amazing job with this album and I love it! Especially the songs Anything Goes, Cheek to Cheek, Firefly and It Don't Mean A Thing (If It Ain't Got That Swing).


If you're open to new music and you haven't listened to Jazz that much so far, you should definitely give it a try. And if you already like Jazz, give it a try too haha.


xx

Comments

Popular Posts