This is Halloween



Hello there cutiepumpkins ♥

This post is dedicated to one of my favourite holidays (although it is no official holiday in Germany): HALLOWEEN 

To be honest, Halloween sucks in Germany. There are a few kids who go trick-or-treating and there are also some parties where you can show up in a costume but I think 90% of the people assume that Halloween is all about scary and bloody costumes.
And it's just not as big as in the US. And the older (and  more conservative) people are sorta annoyed by it I think.

Now you may wonder why I love it so much. Actually, I'm wondering too.
I guess I've been influenced by so many things that I just started loving it more and more, even if my last Halloweens all sucked (and this year's will probably suck too)


The first thing that comes to my mind when I think about Halloween are three things:

  1. The actual Halloween-movies, the Michael Myers-ones. I've only seen one of them. on Halloween. when I was like 12. And damn, Michael Myers still scares the shit outta me! (As do so many other scary people. I'm so easily scared!!) 
  2. Hocus Pocus. Which I've seen as a kid and it was fucking scary, too! Haha. Yup, I've always been easily scared and I still am /criesinacorner
  3. Tim Burton! His movies are cute AND dark, which is like the best combo ever! I have not seen all of his movies, but they are all somewhat Halloween-related or at least they all fit Halloween.
And of those three things, I only love two. (Because Hocus Pocus isn't so scary now. Halloween (movie) still is.)



There is another thing Halloween-related I love. Probably none of you will no this band, but they're really cute!

The Candy Spooky Theater is a Japanese band. I can't explain this band properly. You just have to see them. And hear them.



What are your favourite Halloween movies and Halloween songs?


xx

Comments

Popular Posts