2015/01/20

Movies of 2014



Movies and cinema is a great passion of mine. Last year around September I posted a list of movies I wanted to see, but I wasn't able to watch all of them.
I thought it'd be interesting if you knew what movies I've actually seen this year and generally how many I've seen.

This is a chronological list (at least I tried to keep it as chronological as I could).


  • The Wolf of Wall Street
  • The Grand Budapest Hotel
  • Traces
  • Captain America: The Winter Soldier
  • The Amazing Spider-Man 2
  • X-Men: Days of Future Past
  • The Fault in Our Stars
  • Hector and the Search for Happiness
  • Guardians of the Galaxy
  • Calvary
  • Gone Girl
  • Interstellar
  • The Homesman
  • The Hobbit: Battle of the Five Armies


In total I went to the cinema for 14 times. I decided to start my own "Watch as many movies as you can"-Challenge and the minimum goal is set to 20 movies for this year. I hope I can do that.

My favourites of last year were The Grand Budapest Hotel, The Winter Soldier, Guardians of the Galaxy, Interstellar and The Hobbit. 
Gone Girl and Interstellar surprised me most since I didn't like/enjoy the trailers at all. 

One thing that also surprises me is that Rosamund Pike is nominated for an Oscar as Best Actress. The Oscar nominations in general surprised me and made me a little pretty mad. It's not only the Academy I'm mad at but also Hollywood in general. This is getting so ridiculous! 
If you look at the movies of the "Best Actress in a Leading Role" category and compare them to the male equivalent category you have to admit that the nominations sound sort of ridiculous. 
Not the actresses. Just the movies. I mean, Gone Girl was awesome. But what is Gone Girl compared to "The Theory of Everything" or "The Imitation Game". Those are big movies, "deep" movies. Autobiographic movies of big personalities. 
While Gone Girl is just a good Blockbuster. 
Hollywood has a BIG problem with women (and blacks... and just people other than straight white males.) And the Academy just reflects Hollywood and the way the big studios think. 

I really hope something will change in the next few years.
I want to see more big movies from female directors and I want to see women in GREAT leading roles and GREAT movies.
And I also want to see more of other "minorities".


What was your favourite movie of 2014? And what are your thoughts on the Oscar Nominations?


xx

Conney

No comments:

Post a Comment