2015 Reading Challenge




I love books and I love reading. But I have to be honest: when it comes to reading and reading challenges I am the biggest failure on this whole planet I guess.

Reading (and also writing) takes you to so many places and lets you live a thousand lives, we all know that don't we? I love getting lost in a good book, preferably with a cuppa.
But can you guess what? I never seem to find the time to read. It's horrible. I go to bed so late that I either just want to sleep or I'm on my phone, writing with people or looking through Facebook, Instagram, other blogs, etc. I want to read at that time, but then I get distracted. It's a real disaster.

Another thing is that I always start reading books but I never finished the last few books I started reading. Those are Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn and Norwegian Wood by Haruki Murakami.



It's pretty embarrassing that I actually already have mentioned those two books in a post. And said post is from about half a year ago.
Yes, I haven't read a single book for a very long time now. I don't feel good about it and I really want to change it.
Therefore I'm taking part in the Goodreads Reading Challenge (which doesn't mean that much though. I take part in it every year and I never even come close to my goal of 15 books...) and I found another challenge which sounded very nice. It's the Popsugar Reading Challenge.



I love that there are so many different genres of books on there and it really offers a broad variety of books to read and it makes you want to read all those different books. This is a very good challenge if you're usually only reading books of one genre.

I'm currently reading Red Dragon by Thomas Harris because I am the biggest fan of NBC Hannibal (and Bryan Fuller!) and I can't wait any longer for the third season! I bought it months ago together with The Silence Of The Lambs at a book bazaar for 1 € each. When I heard Richard Armitage is going to be the Tooth Fairy I immediately had to start it. (And I want to finish it! Really!)

Yes, it's on German. But it I got it for one Euro, so I don't really mind.


There are also those three books on my night stand. They have been there for such a long time now. At least Harry Potter and The Casual Vacancy. A Storm of Swords hasn't been there that long. But it also hasn't been touched for months now.
I want to read The Casual Vacancy before the TV series starts though. And it is DEFINITELY time for a Harry Potter reread. Especially in English!


What are you currently reading? Do you read often? Do you also take part in a challenge? I'd love to know!

xx


Comments

  1. Before Christmas I wouldn't say I'd have been a regular reader, until my boyfriend bought me a Kindle. I thought it was perfect, plus you can sell books back to amazon (obviously at a much cheaper price), rather than hoard boxes of books much like I used to haha :)

    I find myself really enjoying the Hunger Games trilogy at the moment :) (borrowed of course haha) but I find I save much more money now to :) x

    www.sheintheknow.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been an avid reader since the age of two, and run a book review blog called Triskele Reviews. I go through about one to two books per day, depending on whatever else is going on during my day. I hope this reading challenge brings you some new literary friends and favorites. Happy reading!

    http://www.triskelereviews.com/

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts