2016/09/24

What I've been up to during Summer

What I've been up to during Summer 2016 - series, movies, books and more


Hello there! 

Jeez, did you notice it's already autumn? When did that happen? But I'm so happy because Autumn means wearing nice layered clothes, the make up is not melting off our faces anymore, Pumpkin Spiced Lattes, pumpkins in general, crunchy leaves and beautiful colours everywhere! YAY. 
But before diving right into Autumn I want to recap my summer. It wasn't that exciting, I mostly did what I always do: watching series, reading, being lazy. I've also been to London, where I had an amazing time, but I will write about this in another post. 

Netflix Watchlist

I watched a lot of series this summer. I finished season two of Modern Family and a few days ago I started watching the third. It's SO hilarious, I absolutely love it. My favourite characters are probably Phil and Luke, because they're so silly. But I love the others just as well. I also finally watched season two of Broadchurch after it was finally added to Netflix. I think season one was slightly better, but S2 was just as thrilling. It was no light, funny summer watch, though. Broadchurch makes you feel very uncomfortable and you start hating every single character and yourself haha. But it's definitely worth watching and once you start you have to watch all of the episodes. Another series I watched, one that everyone has been talking about lately, was Stranger Things. It started kinda slowly but after episode three I was completely hooked. I loved the 80s vibes and the focus on the kids. They were amazing. And so was Winona Ryder; she fit perfectly in there. I also liked the ending (and that doesn't happen very often haha) because the storyline of season one was completed but it still gave hints about a second season. I like cliffhangers but I'm glad that Stranger Things didn't end on one. Thank you Netflix! And now hurry up producing season two! I want Eleven back! Last but not least I started watching Gilmore Girls. So many people were re-watching it and thus reliving their childhood/teen years, but I've never watched it before so I was curious what the hype was all about. And now I love it so much and I kinda regret not having it watched before because it's so perfect! (But to be fair, when the first season started I was only five, so it was kinda before my time). I love the characters, the dialogues and all the popculture/literature/etc. references! It feels like they made this series just for me haha.

Books

As you might have noticed I spent a lot of time watching Netflix, so there was not THAT much time left to do other stuff, like reading. But I still managed to finally read An Abundance of Katherines. It was a nice read and it made me think a lot about myself and I realised that I'm a lot like Colin. It's definitely the book I can relate most to of John Green. The wish to matter in this world is such an important and interesting theme for young people. It was nice to know that I'm not the only one who thinks that dying without having achieved anything remarkable is horrible. 
My reading goal for September is finishing A Feast For Crows but I kinda doubt that I'll finish this book anytime soon /sighs. But there's still hope I'll finish it before The Winds of Winter is released haha! (But still: come on GRRM, hurry up please!!!)

Cinema

There were actually a lot of movies in cinema this summer that I wanted to see (very badly). For example Star Trek: Beyond and Suicide Squad. But no one wanted to watch Star Trek with me and I didn't really find time to go see Suicide Squad. But at least I was able to watch Captain Fantastic in cinema in London. This movie was as brilliant as I expected it to be. (I cried a lot haha)

What else? 

Well, I wrote a research paper about one of F. Scott Fitzgerald's short stories and women in the late 1910s and early 1920s. Writing it was kinda exhausting but I loved the topic. I hope I'll get a good grade in it hehe. 
Also there was a new game in the Ace Attorney series released: Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Spirit of Justice. This is my absolute favourite game series and so far I'm enjoying the game a lot. Finally they brought Maya back! I cried tears of joy! 


That was basically my summer... I also went to some parties and met friends, so I had a good time! What have you done during summer? Did you travel? Watch series like me? Let me know! 

xx
Conney

No comments:

Post a Comment