Review: Bon Iver – 22, A Million

Review of Bon Iver, 22 A Million


Hey there! Hope you're all feeling well and you're having a nice weekend. I have a cold i.e. a sore throat and a runny nose and every now and then my head feels like it's about to explode. But other than that I'm good haha. 
I first heard about Bon Iver a few years ago, when I was having a pretty rough time. I listened to a lot of sad folk bands back then and even though I'm much better now I still absolutely love this kind of music, especially Bon Iver. His voice is so calming and nice. I really like folk bands with male singers who have a slightly higher voice. At the beginning of October he released a new album, five years after his previous album, and I was very excited to listen to it. And this album is definitely NOT disappointing! 
The album is called 22, A Million and it is very different from his previous albums, they were mostly him and his guitar. This album is more experimental actually. Listening to it reminded me of collages. A lot of different pieces that together make a new piece of art. The songs are made out of a lot of different song-pieces that are cut out and glued together and they create amazing new songs that are very special in their sound. He created some of these pieces on his own, with his voice,his guitar, etc., but some pieces he just 'borrowed' from other songs. The album still has this certain sad typical Bon Iver sound but it is still something very unique and new and it feels like you're listening to a piece of art, in my opinion.

Bon Iver, 22 A Million cover
(c) Bon Iver, Jagjaguwar



I'm barely listening to any other albums but this lately and I strongly recommend you listening to 22, A Million because it's just SO FUCKING GOOD. There are actually a few that were released this year that I still have to listen to. For example from Blink 182, Ingrid Michaelson, Regina Spector, Passenger and Bastille. And Lady Gaga's new album will be released very soon! I'm so excited!

What bands / albums are you currently listening to or what else can you recommend?

xx


Comments

Popular Posts