8 Autumn Activities to Do in October

Carved Pumpkins


October is here! And we all know what that means, right? Cozy blankets, hot beverages and beautiful colours everywhere! It also means that there are many posts on different blogs about this season, because we all just love autumn so much haha. Well, yes, here is another one of these posts. (It IS the perfect season though! And my birthday is also in autumn, which makes it even better!)

This year, autumn is a little different for me actually. I am not at home in Germany, where it's getting pretty cold and grey now and where the leaves are falling off the trees. I am in Spain, in Valencia and temperatures are still around 25°C every day and everything is still very green. And palm trees don't lose their leaves, anyway, do they? I'm definitely not used to it being still so warm and it doesn't really feel like autumn or anything like that at all. I actually hope I can still go to the beach a few more times in October. (The sea is so nice and warm at the moment!!)

But still, Halloween is around the corner and that needs some preparations! I definitely have to and want to find out more about if it's celebrated here. There are also a lot of Halloween-y movies waiting to be watched and other autumnal activities waiting to be done. I was kinda inspired by the lists in the last two The Girl Gang newsletters but I changed a few things in the list because I usually pee my pants watching horror movies haha! I don't think I'd be able to ever sleep again after watching movies like The Ring or The Exorcist so I had to include a few more "family friendly" movies. There are actually a lot of films on the list which I've never seen before so I'm really looking forward to making it through the whole list! I'm also planning on doing some more autumnal things that I've never done before and hope I'll manage to follow this plan!


Movies to watch:

Scream (1-4)
Halloween
Nightmare before Christmas
Corpse Bride
Coraline
Ghostbusters (1884 + 2016)
The Addams Family
Casper
Hocus Pocus
Practical Magic
Sabrina the Teenage Witch
Beetlejuice
Frankenweenie
Halloweentown
Monsters, Inc.

Autumn Activities

Watch the films mentioned above
Bake some sort of apple cake (Strudel maybe?!)
Try out some new pumpkin recipes (e.g. pumpkin cake, risotto, etc)
Buy some cute autumnal clothes and accessory (Berets are back!)
Go to a Halloween party
DIY some cute Halloween decoration
Read at least 4 books
Find out more about Spanish Autumn traditions (and take part in them if there are any?)


This is basically what I want to do this October and autumn in general! I hope I'll be successful and I hope to master some new recipes. Maybe I could inspire you to do some of these activities as well. Or do you already have anything like a bucket list or a list of things you want to do this Autumn/October/Halloween? Do you have a Pinterest Autumn Inspo board? I love browsing those!

xx
Connie

Comments

  1. Love these activities, one of the best parts of autumn and October is baking and watching films.

    Abi xo | www.wanderlustdaydreaming.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, isn't it? It's just so much fun!
      x

      Delete
  2. Hi, I love to watch Beetlejuice, eat baked apples with custard and be cosy indoors.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never seen Beetlejuice, can't wait to watch it! :)

      Delete
  3. Wow, I would really love to be in Spain right now rather than in rainy England! I do love seeing all the autumnal leaves dropping from the trees though! I definitely haven't seen enough Halloween themed movies, can you believe I've never watched Hocus Pocus? That needs to change this year! I would love to go to a Halloween party too!

    Abbey 🎃📚 http://www.abbeylouisarose.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I was a child I was SO scared of Hocus Pocus but now as an adult it's not that scary actually haha! Hope you can enjoy colourful leaves, here they just turn into an brown somehow :(
      xx

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts